Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Obama Dream

I dreamed last night that I was in a stadium for an event - I think Barack Obama was going to be speaking. I sat on the concrete steps of the stadium. Michelle Obama sat down on a bleacher seat next to me and their son, about twelve years old (I know they don't have a son in reality) was sitting in a bleacher seat on the other side of me. We said hello, and in response to something I said her son began to relate a story he had heard about his father's younger days. He hesitated, and his mother told him it was ok to tell the story. He said that Obama had been on a sports team in school - I think he said he had been a catcher on his college baseball team - and the other players had eventually complained to the school about Obama insistently pushing them, as a group, to improve themselves, through some kind of group work he advocated whose nature I don't remember, but which I remember as being something innovative, not run-of-the-mill.

I sent the dream to an interesting site I ran across called "I Dream of Barack: Real Dreams People Have Had About Barack Obama," where about 150 people so far this year have described their dreams about Barack Obama.

No comments: